Berkhamsted Golf Club
Our first visit to this beautifully designed course, specifically chosen for our Christmas event. It nestles 600 feet up in the chalk based Chiltern Hills, thus draining & playing really well in winter.
And what of it’s history? Can any club match it’s architectural pedigree? In 1890, the club was officially inaugurated as a 9 hole course laid out by Willie Park Junior. In 1910, Harry Colt was commissioned to extend the course to 18 holes. Then in 1926, the course was extended & re-designed by none other than James Braid. If these 3 chaps can’t get a course right, who can?
This is a classic,natural heathland course with not a man-made bunker or hazard in sight. It is a course of humps & hollows, heather, bracken, gorse & trees. Golf as nature intended.
- 0930. Meet for Tea/Coffee & Bacon rolls
- 1030. 18 holes - yellow tees - Individual Stableford
- Nearest the Pin - 14th
- After play, return to the clubhouse for a Christmas lunch & prizegiving
- Roast turkey with pigs in blanket & stuffing, roast potatoes, Brussel sprouts, carrots, parsnips & gravy
- Christmas pudding with brandy sauce.
- A bottle of Moët et Chandon champagne to the individual winner
- A bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape to the runner up & winner of Nearest the Pin
We’ve had some great Christmas events in recent years including Woking & Beaconsfield. We very much hope you can join us at Berkhamsted.
|Event Date||Wednesday, December 20, 2023|
|Event End Date||Wednesday, December 20, 2023|
|Prices||IGC Members £145, Non Members £155|
|Location||Berkhamsted Golf Club|