Ranked no.39 in England’s Top 100 courses
Hindhead is a truly beautiful course set in glorious surroundings. We recommend you visit the Hindhead GC website & enjoy their course overview. You might, just might, be tempted.
The club was founded in 1904 by a group of enthusiasts including Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle of Sherlock Holmes fame. Being 750 metres above sea level, it became labelled ‘little Switzerland’ & thus offered lovely views of the Surrey countryside. Membership was originally set at two Guineas - we like to think that the annual IGC London membership, though higher, offers similar good value.
David Lloyd George, Prime Minister from 1916-22 was a member & later elected an Honorary Life Member, as indeed was Peter Alliss, the ‘voice of golf’. Dai Rees, who won the World Matchplay 4 times, & led the Ryder Cup team to victory in 1957, was the club professional from 1936-47. Hindhead has regularly been chosen as an Open Championship Regional Qualifying venue.
The practice facilities are excellent with a full length driving range, practice nets, chipping green & putting green.
- 1200 Meet for tea/coffee & ham, egg & chips
- 1330 18 holes - Individual Stableford
- Return to clubhouse for Hindhead’s famous Afternoon Tea to include sandwiches, cakes & scones
- Nearest the Pin - 15th hole
- The individual winner to receive a bottle of Moët et Chandon champagne
- Runner up & winner of Nearest the Pin to receive a bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape
|Event Date||Tuesday, August 01, 2023|
|Event End Date||Tuesday, August 01, 2023|
|Prices||IGC Members £199, Non Members £219|
|Location||Hindhead Golf Club|
Venue Information - Hindhead Golf Club